Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pumping Out

For the last week we've been either in a storm or waiting for another.  The Chessy may be rough but there are plenty of chores to pass the time.  Laundry, restocking food, and boat maintenance items are on top of the list.  We did a pump out at the town dock so we would have plenty of room in the holding tank once we get going again.  The dock pilings were a bit snug as we pulled along side the town dock.  Mike and Hank had come along for the adventure and assured me we would fit if the pilings would give a little.  It was a squeeze.



 
We are in snug as can be while I did the pump out of the rear holding tank.  I ran a flush of the line before we left to assure we would have an empty tank.





Mike and Hank pushed us free as we backed out into the channel and returned to our slip at Calvert Marina.  I laughed later on when I saw the sign in the pictures that read "No Crabbing", good choice. 


We were busy today doing some final shopping before leaving this weekend and I thought this would be a good day to celebrate. MaryLou and I invited everyone over for Margaritas and a little snack while the sun warmed the cockpit. It was good to sit and talk about what's coming up and why we are enjoying this style of living. Here we are kicking back until the sun went down.






It did get chilly as we set plans for the morning.  There's going to be a tour of the NOAA boat which is at the floating docks further up in Calvert Marina.  It should be interesting but 9 am may be pushing it for this crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment